New-clear

Well, it's been a minute. Things have been extraordinarily busy, and I've been hanging onto some news that I wasn't really ready to announce until things were official. But I'm changing jobs next month.

We moved to Idaho for me to take a marketing communications job at a nutritional supplement company. And it's been great. I love the people I work with and enjoy what I do. But earlier this year I was contacted by a recruiter for the Idaho National Laboratory about writing for them. The INL is a huge complex that performs research into nuclear power and other areas of energy and national security. The have a site out in the desert an hour away that houses the Advanced Test Reactor, but I'll mostly be in town working with the people managing nuclear research programs.

It's going to be a big adjustment, for two reasons. One is learning the technology itself, and I'm trying to research as much as I can before starting. The second reason is that working for a large government entity (technically the company contracted to run the lab) is a huge cultural shift, since I've mostly worked at small, independent companies. Just learning what all the different groups are and who does what will be a serious undertaking.

I'm really excited to have a chance to work in the scientific field and do something I strongly feel benefits humanity. I'm really sad to leave my current job because I really love my coworkers, and my boss and team have treated me extremely well. But in the end I have to do what I feel is best for my family, and I'm looking forward to a new adventure. So, onward and upward.

Comments

)en said…
Congratulations! That sounds interesting. I think I've driven by this place before when I was lost in ID. New adventures are the best.

Popular posts from this blog

50

Big Changes

Big Changes