A Little Summer Ketchup

I've started a few posts lately but haven't felt strongly about publishing any of them. So here are a few random updates.

James turned three a couple weeks ago, and my parents came for a visit along with my sister and her family. It was nice. The kid's stinkin' cute.

Yes, that's Nacho Libre in the background.

Sam's been struggling a little bit with teenager-hood. We finally took him to a counselor, and they diagnosed with with some anxiety and OCD tendencies. So we're working to find the best way to treat it so school isn't so overwhelming for him. I think a lot of it has to do with his troubles sleeping, but we'll see how things go.

We're going to visit Utah in a couple weeks. My sister recently moved back from DC with her husband and little girl. They're staying with my parents while they look for a place, so we'll go down and spend some time doing family-type things. Last time we took Cinder, but he was just a kitten. Now he's kind of a giant cat, and still growing, so they may not want him in the house.

In three days I'll run the Idaho Falls Marathon. This is where my mind mostly is this week. I've done all 400+ miles of the training program, which was much more intense than any I've ever done. My knees are a little iffy but relatively stable (although I banged one hard on the dryer door last night and now it's surprisingly sore). I've been obsessing over the course, which takes a bunch of twists and turns in town. I'm concerned they won't have it marked well enough (a lot of it overlaps the half marathon course, but not all of it), so I'm going through Street View in Google Maps to try to memorize it. I'm sure I'll post about it again afterward. Oh, the worst part is that the bus we need to ride leaves at 4:15 a.m., so to get there in time I need to get up at around 3:00. That's unbelievable.

More to come!







Comments

)en said…
Need an update on that marathon! Did you win? Did you overcome some hurdles? Figurative and literal? That’s the one thing missing from a marathon race. Having to jump over some hurdles. I’m sure you agree.
Joel said…
Ah, yes. I do have an update I'll post soon.

Popular posts from this blog

50

Big Changes

Big Changes