Back to the Past

A couple weeks ago we went down to Utah for a few days. My sister was in town for her daughter's third birthday, and my parents were hosting a party. We were sticking around for a few days after to see friends and do some fun things.

My niece is a cute little thing who has a bit of a challenge relating to people. I haven't ever gotten her to interact with me directly, which is understandable since she's only seen me a handful of times. If I look at her she runs away (which is admittedly not an uncommon reaction among females). But she and Clara played together really well, and I think my sister was very surprised and pleased.

When I was a kid we often went to Lagoon on my birthday. In case anyone lurking here doesn't know, Lagoon is a local amusement park in the vein of Knott's Berry Farm. It had been a long time, so we decided to go to Lagoon on my birthday again. And it was a lot of fun. Sam finally went on the Colossus with me, and he loved it. I got to ride the Cannibal, which was pretty terrifying. Go check out a POV on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. But overall the kids did really well. My only complaint was that James was just short of the 36 inches they require for a lot of rides, so he was pretty restricted. Next year that should be better. We also realized that it's less than three hours from our house, so we can go there on a day trip next time.



We were also able to visit with some old friends that we hadn't seen in a couple years, which was nice. I had lunch with some former coworkers. And I got to run on the Jordan River Parkway, which is one of the things I miss most about Utah. So all in all, it was fun, and it was nice to have a week off from work, which I haven't had for a long time. I guess vacations can actually be enjoyable.

P.S. While in Salt Lake, I was finally able to try the Impossible Burger. I really liked it.

This is a meatless burger designed to perfectly imitate beef, and I wouldn't have known the difference had I eaten it unaware. You can look into it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Changes

50

Big Changes