A Movie-ing Experience

Last weekend we took all the kids to see Incredibles 2. And I have a few thoughts.

This was the first time the whole family has seen a movie together. As far as we can recall, Katie was pregnant with James the last time we all went to the movies. Clara and James struggled a little bit at the end, but we made it through.

The Incredibles came out the year Katie and I got married, and as this one picks up right at the end of the first film, Katie and I are now at about the same point in our lives as the Parrs. It's funny to think about.

They put a few swears in the movie. I struggle with this because the first one had none, and I had expectations that this would be the same. Had those words not been in the movie I don't think it would have diminished the film in any way. We're officially at the point where we have to start screening Disney/Pixar films the same as any other movie, which I knew would happen sometime anyway.

I took Sam and Allison and went early to get our seats (the only decent theater in town here doesn't do reserved seating), and Katie came when it started with Clara and James. I just want to brag that it worked out perfectly. As a side note, we really need a Megaplex here.

We've never been very good about taking the family a lot of places, but we're trying to do better this summer. Now that we have moved permanently beyond the "having an infant" stage of life (not to jinx us) we can hopefully start enjoying more excursions together and helping the kids make some memories.

Comments

Lori said…
I agree- the swearing was so not needed. in fact i kind of blanked it out. and the alcohol was silly too. not needed. but overall i LOVED the movie. Jack Jack was pretty amazing. Yes- i could have done with out one of his 17 superpowers- turning into a devil baby but all the rest i loved. Thoroughly entertained! I would see it again really soon for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

50

Big Changes

Big Changes