Pointless Game

Here’s a pointless game. I’ll use song lyrics to ask a question, and you try to find lyrics from a different song that fit as an answer to the question. Here’s an example to get the creative juices flowing.

“If I was a dancer, where would I dance?” (Psychosis, The Refreshments)

“In a happy little foreign town, where the stars hung upside down…” (We Danced Anyway, Deanna Carter)

The first person to answer the question can then add a question of their own, to be answered by ensuing comments. Assuming anyone actually tries this, I’ll try to publish the comments immediately to make things less confusing.

Okay, here’s the question. I’ll make it an easy one:

“Who do you love?” (Love, Come Lighten My Load, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers)

[answer:]"I'm in love with Stacy's Mom."

[next question:] "Everybody loves a clown, so why don't you?"

[answer:] "Send in the clowns."

[next question:] "Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?"

[answer:] "On August first, 1981 I cycled to Scott's house with a BB gun." (I assume because there is some kind of bird decoy around.)


Comments

Nathan Mulford said…
I'm in love with Stacy's Mom.
-Fountains of Wayne
Nathan Mulford said…
Everybody loves a clown so why don't you.- Gary Lewis and the Playboys
Nathan Mulford said…
I love the nightlife-Alicia Bridges
)en said…
here's one to answer the clown one:

Send in the clowns. (Stephen Sondheim)

And here's my question:

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near? (Carpenters)
Nathan Mulford said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan Mulford said…
On August first, nineteen-eight-one
I cycled to Scott's house with a BB gun. -Barenaked Ladies (I live with it every day)

In response to why birds suddenly appear. I assume because there is some kind of bird decoy around.

Popular posts from this blog

50