Day 23

Just a quick update on the Great Sugar Experiment. It's day 23 and I've still been able to stick to the rules. Interestingly, even with no added sugar or desserts I am still averaging around 50 grams of sugar a day just in the meals I'm eating. It's well below the 80 g allowed by the app (more on the days I run), but you can see how things are not the greatest in the modern diet. There have been a few serious temptations, like when Katie made brownies and frosting from scratch, but I have persevered. There are actually some good sugar-free desserts like Jello pudding that I've been enjoying. And, of course, fresh fruit.

I've also been sticking with the protein goal as well, getting at least 120 g almost every day. I've also done my basic strength exercises six days a week and run three times per week (including half marathons the last three Saturdays). And I haven't yet gone over the total calories I supposedly need to meet my goal of dropping a few pounds.

So, how do I feel? Overall I don't really feel any different. I have lost a couple of pounds, I think, and I think a little bit of the fat around my middle seems to have gone. Nothing profound, but small changes. I think it's a mental difference more than anything, just habitually ignoring most treats. So I'll keep going for another week at least, possibly until the end of the month, and then I have to make a decision on what to continue doing. I'll probably post more at the end of the experiment.

Comments

)en said…
Since I imagine you’re keeping track of the foods you eat so as to track your sugar intake, I would like to request a public display of that list. I’d like to see where might that hidden sugar be but also I know it would entertain me.

Popular posts from this blog

Big Changes

50

Big Changes