Dreams of Song and Death


Last night I dreamed that I had won a contest of some sort to have dinner with Marian Call, a singer I like. We went to dinner, and she asked if I like pasta, and I said of course I do. Then it seems like the dream skipped the dinner, and we walked back to a run-down apartment where she lived. There I discovered that she had nine children, for some reason. They were running around being noisy, but they seemed like good kids.

She went into the bathroom, and it seemed like she was really struggling with something in there. Then she started yelling at her kids from within the bathroom, and I eventually decided I should go. I was down the steps outside when one of the older kids came down and sadly announced that she had died. It was pretty upsetting, and more than a little weird.

The other thing I remember was that she sang a song to or about Donald Trump and changed the words to a criticism of his administration. The tune was her song called Coffee by Numbers (go listen; it's great), and I don't remember the words, but I remember the last line was changed from "Or aren't you tired of somnambulating yet?" to something like "Are you tired of ingratiating yet?" or some other word starting with "in" that implied he's beholden to Russia. Indebted? Indentured? Sadly, it seems I went over it again and again in my mind, but it's mostly faded by now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50

Big Changes

Big Changes