Undead Earworm

I normally eschew this kind of post because they don't seem very original, but it's been on my mind and it's my blog and I'll review a movie if I want to.

First, check out the trailer  for Anna and the Apocalypse here.

You guys, it's a British Christmas zombie high school musical. Of course I had to see this. I was waiting for it for months.

Now, I've mentioned before more that once that musicals aren't really my thing. And, oddly, this is a combination of things I'm not that excited about. Musicals, specifically of the Glee or High School Musical variety, are very much not meant for me. And I'm pretty done with zombie stuff. And while some Christmas movies are awesome I've never particularly gravitated toward them as a whole. So I don't know why, but I wanted to see this because the combination of genres was so weird.

And it was fantastic. The music was really catchy, it made me actually care about the characters, and it was just fun and different. So if you don't mind a little gore, you should definitely check it out. The songs have been in my head for weeks.

And interestingly, there is more than one zombie musical. This was a pretty interesting list, and includes the short film on which Anna and the Apocalypse was based.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50