Pierced

Well, this was a first.



Last week Allison got her ears pierced. This is a rite of passage for a lot of girls, and it's even more interesting in our family. My mother doesn't have pierced ears, and neither does Katie. So it's kind of a first. But she had been bugging us about it for weeks, because one of her friends just got her ears pierced.

Katie and I had discussed this before. I guess the reason she had never done it herself was more because of the pain rather than an objection to the practice itself. I've always admired that she had never done it (I'm honestly not a big fan of the ridiculous things women have to do for appearance, including makeup and even shaved legs), and I wasn't sure how Allison would fare. She is rather sensitive to pain. We can't even brush her hair without her screaming about it most of the time. So that she was willing to undergo this said something about her determination.

Anyway, she reported that it barely hurt, and so far she has been diligent about cleaning her ears multiple times per day as instructed. We'll see if it lasts.


Comments

)en said…
So fun. I feel like getting your ears pierced is a big deal until you do it and then you realize it’s not. 😄

Popular posts from this blog

50