Don't Read This, Unless You Have Insomnia

Jer* is making me answer the questions on this less-than-enthralling quiz. Most of the answers will make no sense to anyone who did not attend high school with me; and those who did are not likely to find it any more interesting. So I advise you to move along; I'll try to post something more entertaining by the end of the day.

*Sorry, Jer, I just think it's not an interesting quiz, but I'll do what I can to spice it up.

1. Did you date someone from your school?
I didn't know anyone outside of my school, so everyone I dated was from my school.

2. Did you win anything in Senior's Who's Who?
I don't even know what that is, so apparently not. Maybe I won the "most ignorant of school traditions" award.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
A green 1985 Chevy Celebrity named Kermit.

4. It's Friday night...where r u?
Probably in Adam's basement... or working at Rite Aid. But wherever I am, I'm making fun of people who use single letters as whole words.

5. Were you a party animal?
Definitely. Unless that involves actually attending parties...

6. Were you considered a flirt?
Oh, sure. In fact, the school was so concerned about the girls fighting over me that they had to ask all of them not to talk to me. At least, that's what my mom said...

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
No, but I did spend a lot of time making fun of them...

8. Were you a nerd?
Hang on, let me re-tape my glasses so I can read these questions better.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
No, but I probably would have gotten more dates if I had.

10. Can you sing the fight song?
I didn't know we even had one. I didn't get into any fights, and the kids I did see fighting were too out of breath to sing.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Definitely the French and German teachers. Between our French teacher bringing his guitar to class and the German teacher bringing Leberkase, we were set.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the Commons (See, here's one that won't make any sense to anyone who didn't attend the same school.)

13.What was your school's full name?
In a "burst of creative nomenclature," it was Taylorsville High School.

14. School mascot?
The Warriors (actually a guy in a skirt, which is pretty socially progressive, if you think about it)

15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with?
Yes, I went with dates. Duh.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Surprisingly, yes. After a few days I might change my mind, though.

17.What do you remember most about graduation?
That it was really long and boring.

18. Where did you go senior skip day?
I have no idea. I probably went to class, actually.

19 Were you in any clubs?
I remember being in the French club and the German club, which got a little awkward in the annual boules competition. I mean, which side would I bowl for?

20. Have you gained some weight since then?
I have progressed from "starving refugee" to "skinny."

21. Who was your Senior prom date?
See, we had Junior Prom and Senior Ball every year, so I don't know how to answer that.

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
I'm mostly curious about whether or not there will be a reunion. We didn't have a 5 year reunion, so we'll see this summer if there's a 10 year one. Our student body president apparently has more important things to do than watch people who haven't seen each other for years brag about how successful and happy they are.

23. Who was your home room teacher?
I have no idea. Wouldn't it have been different every year anyway? What a dumb question.

24. Do you still talk to people from school?
Almost exclusively. In fact, I think everyone I know went to school.

Oh yeah, now for the obligatory tag. John and Krista, I demand that you share in my suffering. And I might as well throw Nathan and Kevin in there for good measure. Todd, I'll give you the freedom to choose. And Jen, you just did one recently, so I don't expect you to bring upon yourself more inanity, but if you want to go for it, be my guest.

Comments

Jer said…
Well done, Joel. Sorry about that. One of my friends demanded a post out of me, and I'm too brain dead at the moment to come up with anything good.
Anonymous said…
Hello Joel. My mom and I were laughing very hard while reading this!
Kevin Lloyd said…
I categorically refuse to do this. Is there a punishment for such insolence?
)en said…
Deeeear Old AF HIgh! Yes we will love you 'til we die! Your banners bright with red and white, will be a beacon through the night! Dramatic arts and ball and track! Will always bring the honors back! We'll sing your praises to the sky, we'll always fight for AF High!

that is my HS fight song. I went to another HS my senior year and never learned it. But there you go. If anyone wants to hear me sing it, i'd be happy to, just give me a call.
Joel said…
Kevin, there is most certainly a punishment. It will come when Simon turns 2. Mwa ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

50