In Need of Resolution

I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back at the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year, to see how I did. Only… I could have sworn I wrote a blog post about it, but now I can’t find it. So, if writing that post was a resolution, I have failed. So let’s take a look at some other hypothetical resolutions that I could have made, and see how I did.

  • Write a book: Nope. Fail on that one. I did make incremental progress on one, but that was months ago.



  • Become financially independent: “Acquire massive debt and decades of responsibility” would be a more accurate description of purchasing a home. But I get a pass on this one if we look at it in the light of gaining the freedom that comes with home “ownership.”



  • Learn a new skill: Well, I did learn how to put in a sprinkler system, so maybe that counts.



  • Read: This is kind of a dumb one, since that’s half of what a writer does. But in my spare time I certainly read a bunch of books too.



  • Get in shape: This is a bit ambiguous, but I should end up running between 700 and 800 miles this year. I do remember that my original goal was 500, so that’s an A+. I’m not exactly Mr. Universe, but at least I am doing something for my health.



  • Spend more time with the family: This one is hard to call. Katie and I always try to minimize activities that keep us from being home. Aside from the time I’m out running, I’m pretty much always home if I’m not at work or in a church meeting I’m supposed to attend.



  • Stop smoking: Ha! I totally win this one, since I’ve never smoked in my life. Although, now that I think about it, I suppose that technically means I failed to “stop”…


How are you doing with your resolutions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50