Are the Best Things in Life Free?

I admit that I like watching Deal or No Deal. I know it doesn’t exactly require any intelligence on the part of the contestant, but I find it entertaining. I often reflect on what I would do if I did win a million dollars. Of course, I wouldn’t do anything exciting with the money, so they wouldn’t choose me to be on the show. They like to pick people who have huge debts to pay off or a crippled relative who needs an operation. I would buy a house, give some money to my family, and save the rest. That doesn’t exactly make for exciting television.

What would you do with that kind of cash? It better be exciting…

3 comments:

Kevin Lloyd said...

The new breed of TV game shows drives me crazy. I can't stand the forced tension ("We'll find out what's in case number 12 after this break."). I much prefer old school game shows where things are revealed immediately. On a related note, Sarah is convinced that our way to financial independence is through winning on Wheel of Fortune.

Jen said...

I would pay off student loans, eat at insanely expensive restaurants, take many wonderful and exciting trips, and buy a brownstone. Ok, i just read that the prize is only a million, so i'd take out a mortgage on a brownstone.

I, too, can't stand this show. But i don't judge, because i enjoy my fair share of fluff. And, similar to Kevin's wife, i thought OUR way to financial freedom was through the Pyramid show w/Donny Osmand. I would ROCK! alas, it is no longer on air. Thanks a lot, Donny... thanks for nothing.

trb48 said...

After buying a house (complete with solar panels) and a new car (electric of course) I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of the cash. I would probably donate it to the Joel Hiller campaign fund.